Welcome to Talbot County Public Schools. We're glad you're here.
We're a highly driven team of 752 educators, leaders, managers and administrators, wholly dedicated to serving eight schools spanning Talbot County in Maryland.
What an exciting time for education. The 21st century brings the promise of increased globalization, innovation and collaboration – setting a whole new stage for the economy and the workforce.
It is our single focus to ensure that every student walking through our doors is prepared for this bold, new world. We're tirelessly committed to providing the instruction, skills and guidance to advance our students to college or to graduate to a career.
How do we do this? Through equal parts:
- Innovation. By leveraging technology, we’re ensuring that our students perform at their best, and that we prepare students for real-world college and career environments.
- Compassion. Our doors are open to the children of our community, and we’re tirelessly committed to ensuring that each student receives active instruction in an integrated, holistic manner.
- Motivation. Our programs are engineered to be rigorous, relevant and challenging. We set high expectations for both student and teacher – entirely achievable through hard work and focus.
- Collaboration. It is through our powerful network of community that we succeed. Parents, businesses and partnerships are all critical to our success and growth.
We’re a team of believers. We believe in the children of Talbot County. We believe in the power of community. We believe there is a better way to educate and prepare each child for college and the workplace.
We have high expectations for not just the students, but for ourselves. We’re passionate about integrating innovative, creative ways to nurture and foster each student that comes through our door.
We leverage innovation, compassion and inspiration to empower students to realize their full intellectual potential. College and career preparedness is at the heart of everything we do.
- 44 students earned the designation of Advanced Placement (AP) Scholar
- 100% of the class of 2014 fulfilled the High School Assessment (HSA) requirement
- Over 99% of TCPS classes are taught by highly qualified teachers
- Award winning 1:1 laptop program
- Smart Board technology in all elementary, middle and high school classrooms
- Nationally recognized suicide prevention program
- History of state awarded superior maintenance ratings for all school buildings