Schools are identified to receive Title I funds based on their percentage of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals. As a result of participation in Title I, schools receive a supplemental allocation to provide additional staffing, extended day opportunities, family involvement and professional development activities as well as supplemental purchases of materials and equipment.
Questions about Title I can be directed to the TCPS Title I Coordinator, James P. Redman, 410-822-0330.
At our Title I Schools (and all TCPS schools) we welcome and encourage parents and families to be involved and actively engaged in their child’s education. Parents are invited to participate in a number of ways:
- Join your School Improvement Team and have a voice in setting goals, celebrating progress and identifying areas for growth
- Join your school PTA or PTO and help plan school events for students and families
- Participate in your school’s Parent Advisory Committee and be a voice for parents
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Come read to students in your school
- Submit comments and feedback on Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Attend monthly Board of Education meetings - View Meeting Schedule
Social and Emotional Health
National Youth Suicide Prevention Hotline
1-800-273-8255, 24 hours a day. 7 days a week
En Espanol: 1-888-628-9454
Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline
1-800-422-0009, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Eastern Shore Psychological Services
Title I District Documents
St Michaels Elementary
Please contact SMES Principal Indra Bullock with any questions or comments.
|SMES Parent and Family Engagement Plan|
|SMES PFE Spending Plan 2018-19|
|SMES PFE school parent compact 2018-19|
|SMES SIP 2018-19 Updated SEPT 18|
Please contact TES Principal Joyce Crow with any questions or comments.
|TES PFE spending plan 2018-19|
|TES plan 2017-18|
|TES compact 2018-19|
|TES SIT 18-19|
White Marsh Elementary
Please contact WMES Principal Kim Seidel with any questions or comments.
|WMES Parent and Family Engagement plan 2018-19 (2)|
|WMES School Improvement Team 2018-2019|
|WMES PFE Spending Plan 2018-19 (1)|
|WMES Title I information sheet 2018-19 (3)|
|WMES PFE school parent compact 2018-19 (3)|