Title I Information
Schools are identified to receive Title I funds based on their percentage of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals. As a result of participation in Title I, schools receive a supplemental allocation to provide additional staffing, extended day opportunities, family involvement and professional development activities as well as supplemental purchases of materials and equipment.
Questions about Title I can be directed to the TCPS Title I Coordinator, James P. Redman, 410-822-0330.
At our Title I Schools (and all TCPS schools) we welcome and encourage parents and families to be involved and actively engaged in their child’s education. Parents are invited to participate in a number of ways:
- Join your School Improvement Team and have a voice in setting goals, celebrating progress and identifying areas for growth
- Join your school PTA or PTO and help plan school events for students and families
- Participate in your school’s Parent Advisory Committee and be a voice for parents
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Come read to students in your school
- Submit comments and feedback on Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Attend monthly Board of Education meetings - View Meeting Schedule
Information for Families
Contact TCPS Student Services for attendance, custody and residency issues. 410-822-0330 or Email Dawn Turner at to connect with a Pupil Personnel Worker.
Contact your school couselor for help with registration, information about counseling services and other supports.
Contact the TCPS Special Education Department for information on Services and Supports. 410-822-0330 or Email Peggy Secrist at .
Social and Emotional Health
National Youth Suicide Prevention Hotline
1-800-273-8255, 24 hours a day. 7 days a week
En Espanol: 1-888-628-9454
Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline
1-800-422-0009, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Eastern Shore Psychological Services
(410) 822-0550, http://espsmd.com
Talbot County Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Help with food, emergency asistance
- Report suspected child abuse or neglect
Talbot County Judy Center
Resources and supports for children ages 0-5
Chesapeake Multicultural Resource Center
- Assistance with Immigration Issues
- Connect with Community Resources
Talbot County Health Department
Title I District Documents
St Michaels Elementary
Please contact SMES Principal Indra Bullock with any questions or comments.
|SMES PFE school parent compact 2018-19|
|SMES Parent and Family Engagement Plan|
|SMES PFE Spending Plan 2018-19|
|SMES SIP 2018-19 Updated SEPT 18|
Please contact TES Principal Joyce Crow with any questions or comments.
|TES compact 2018-19|
|TES PFE spending plan 2018-19|
|TES plan 2017-18|
|TES SIT 18-19|
White Marsh Elementary
Please contact WMES Principal Kim Seidel with any questions or comments.
|WMES Parent and Family Engagement plan 2018-19 (2)|
|WMES School Improvement Team 2018-2019|
|WMES PFE school parent compact 2018-19 (3)|
|WMES PFE Spending Plan 2018-19 (1)|
|WMES Title I information sheet 2018-19 (3)|