TCPS and Chesapeake College Announce Exciting Scholarship Opportunity for Aspiring Teachers!
The TCPS Teacher Education Scholarship, is a one year scholarship that is available to students pursuing a teaching career. Students may apply annually, beginning in their second year at Chesapeake College or third year and/or fourth year at a four-year school majoring in education. The $3000 scholarship may be awarded for a maximum of three years (for students who first applied in their 2nd year at Chesapeake College), and payment will be made directly to Chesapeake College or a four year school in equal parts, one per semester. Scholarship applications are accepted on a rolling basis and may be submitted at any time of the year.
TCPS is accepting scholarship applications for all Teaching Areas however priority is given to applicants majoring in areas of Critical Need.
Critical Need Areas:
- Career and Technology (Grades 7-12)
- Foreign Language (Grades 7-12)
- Mathematics (Grades 7-12)
- Science ( Chemistry, Earth/Space Science, Physical Science, Physics)
- Special Education
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or greater with a minimum 30 credit hours for the year.
- Must complete their program in four-year completion tract course of study
- Agree to provide teacher services to Talbot County Public Schools for one year for each year the scholarship is awarded.
- Following each semester, supply a copy of the upcoming class schedule, bill for classes and grades from the previous semester to D. Lynne Duncan , Assistant Superintendent.