TALBOT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POLICY CODE 9.29
EASTON, MD 21601
HONORS AND RECOGNITION OF STUDENTS
The Board of Education encourages a comprehensive Honors Program in which students are recognized for outstanding achievements in academic and extracurricular activities. The Board of Education affirms that such recognition occurring within the individual schools may include, but not be limited to, the following:
I. Honor Rolls
- The Board of Education recognizes the value of Honor Roll lists and encourages their establishment at the Middle and High School levels.
- Honor Rolls shall be utilized to recognize those students who excel academically.
II. Honor Societies
- The Board of Education recognizes the value of Honor Societies and encourages their establishment at the Middle and High School levels
- The operation of Honor Societies shall be in accordance with procedural regulations set forth within these national organizations.
III. Other Recognition and Incentive Programs
- All Talbot County Public Schools shall establish opportunities for recognizing student achievements within academic extracurricular activities.
- The type of quantity of recognition and incentive programs shall be established at the building level.