Welcome to the Talbot County Judy Center Partnership
305 Glenwood Avenue
What is a Judy Center?
The Judy Center is a partnership between Talbot County Public Schools, community programs, agencies and organizations, as well as private businesses and most importantly families, with the goal of assuring that ALL children enter school with the readiness skills they need to succeed. What happens in the first 5 years of life and the connections that are formed in the brain during that time, have a direct impact on how successful a child will be in school as well as in their adult lives!
For more information on the history of Judy Centers, Component Standards, and Annual Reports please click the link below. MSDE-Judy Centers
Where is the Judy Center located?
The Judy Center is more of a “philosophy” than a place, so our services are located throughout the Easton Elementary School (EES) attendance area. The Judy Center’s Administrative Office is located at EES-Dobson, which also houses our P3 classes, Pre Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs. Choptank Health and Eastern Shore Psychological Services (ESPS) also provide services onsite. In addition Shore Up Head Start and Critchlow Adkins Children’s Center’s “wrap around care” programs are located on the EES campus. Other partners, programs and services are located throughout the Easton community.
What other services do Judy Centers provide?
High quality, accredited, full day/full year and wrap around childcare services for children 6 weeks through Kindergarten.
- Early Head Start and Head Start
- Home visiting services that focus on health and development
- Library and literacy services as well as free children’s books
- Physical, dental and mental health services
- Play Groups for children birth to age three, family recreational and community activities
- Parent Education/ Parent Support Groups
- Adult Education (ABE/GED/ESL), job training and higher education opportunities
- Joint professional trainings for staff
- Service Coordination for children and families
- Learning Parties and Other Family trainings
Who is eligible?
Any child from birth through Kindergarten that lives within the Easton Elementary School attendance area is considered a “Judy Center” child/family.
Does it cost anything?
Judy Center’s do NOT charge for the services that they directly supply but there may be costs associated with some individual programs. Please contact specific partners or call us at the Judy Center for more information.
Who is “Judy”?
Judy Hoyer was the Early Childhood Supervisor for Prince George’s County and her dream and life's work was to improve the lives of young children. She believed that children and families would be served best if all services were located in the same place and services were coordinated. Judy’s legacy has succeeded in shaping and enhancing the futures of thousands of students throughout Maryland.
The Judy Center is unique in many ways, especially through our focus on collaboration with our partner agencies. Monthly coordination meetings ensure that services and efforts are not being duplicated. All classroom programs undergo an extensive validation/accreditation process through the Maryland State Department of Education to ensure both quality programs and consistency among programs.
If you have questions about the topics listed below, feel free to give us a call 410-822-0689
- How to pay for childcare
- Childcare options
- Local early childhood programs
- How to find support and resources in the community
- Activities to do at home with your child
- Child development issues
- School readiness
- Parenting questions
- Home Visiting Programs
- 0-5 Years Playgroups
Chesapeake Childcare Resource Center
Project Right Steps
Chesapeake College –Division of Continuing Education and Work Force Training
410-822-3030 X 320
Chesapeake Multicultural Resource Center
410-822-0330, ext. 139 or ext. 141
Critchlow Adkins Children’s Centers
410-822-7181 (Preschool Site)
410-820-8906 (School Age Site on EES)
Eastern Shore Oral Health Education and Outreach Program, Office of Oral Health, Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene
410-221-2600 or 410-745-3967
Easton Elementary School
Prekindergarten and Kindergarten
Preschool Special Education
Family Support Resource Center
Healthy Families Talbot
Palmers Heavenly Heart Daycare
Shore Up! Inc. Head Start
Talbot County Health Department
Talbot County Infants and Toddlers Program
Talbot County Department of Social Services
Women, Infants, And Children (WIC)
Talbot County Office
YMCA of the Chesapeake
Friends of Talbot Judy Center
- Presbyterian Preschool http://www.pceaston.com/effective-outreach/prescho... 410-822-2062
- Barnes and Noble https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/store/2866?view=...
- Eastern Shore Psychological Services 410-822-5569 http://espsmd.com/services/
- Choptank Community Health 410-479-4306 http://www.choptankhealth.org/#/
- Midshore Mental Health http://www.qac.org/605/Mid-Shore-Mental-Health-Sys...
- University of MD Extension -Food Supplement Nutrition Education
- Eastern Shore Area Health Education
- Mental Health Association of the Eastern Shore
- Olive Garden 410-763-9018