Title I Information
Schools are identified to receive Title I funds based on their percentage of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals. As a result of participation in Title I, schools receive a supplemental allocation to provide additional staffing, extended day opportunities, family involvement and professional development activities as well as supplemental purchases of materials and equipment.
Questions about Title I can be directed to the TCPS Title I Coordinator, James P. Redman, 410-822-0330.
At our Title I Schools (and all TCPS schools) we welcome and encourage parents and families to be involved and actively engaged in their child’s education. Parents are invited to participate in a number of ways:
- Join your School Improvement Team and have a voice in setting goals, celebrating progress and identifying areas for growth
- Join your school PTA or PTO and help plan school events for students and families
- Participate in your school’s Parent Advisory Committee and be a voice for parents
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom
- Come read to students in your school
- Submit comments and feedback on Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Attend monthly Board of Education meetings - View Meeting Schedule
Information for Families
Contact your school couselor for help with registration, information about counseling services and other supports.
Contact the TCPS Special Education Department for information on Services and Supports. 410-822-0330 or Email Peggy Secrist at .
Social and Emotional Health
National Youth Suicide Prevention Hotline
1-800-273-8255, 24 hours a day. 7 days a week
En Espanol: 1-888-628-9454
Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline
1-800-422-0009, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Eastern Shore Psychological Services
(410) 822-0550, http://espsmd.com
Talbot County Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Help with food, emergency asistance
- Report suspected child abuse or neglect
Talbot County Judy Center
Resources and supports for children ages 0-5
Chesapeake Multicultural Resource Center
- Assistance with Immigration Issues
- Connect with Community Resources
Talbot County Health Department
Title I District Documents
Please contact EES Principals: Lisa Devaric , with any questions or comments.
|Title I Information Sheet EES 2020-21|
|20-21 EES School Improvement Plan|
|Spanish PFE merged compact plan 2020-21|
|PFE merged compact plan 2020-21|
St Michaels Elementary
Please contact SMES Principal Indra Bullock with any questions or comments.
|SMES PFE compact plan 2020-21|
|SMES Title I Information Sheet 2020-21|